Building Tips One
Building Tips Two
Building Tips Three
Building Tips Four
Building Tips Five
Building Tips Six
Building Tips Seven
Building Tips Eight
Building Tips Nine
Phil’s Two-Year Bible Reading Plan
Reading God’s Word cover to cover is a good foundation for coming to know God better. Phil’s Plan helps keep you on track, while providing manageable daily reading portions. After approximately two years, you will have read the entire Bible once and Psalms & Proverbs four times!
Just follow the Instructions contained in the plan and get started. Also, Phil has included the 7-minute podcast “How I Learned to Love (Reading) the Bible,” by Tara-Leigh Cobble to inspire you to start!
24 Hour Rule
Resolve all conflict within 24 hours or less
~ Privately and Respectfully ~
- Clear the air and release tension
- Everyone feels heard
- Resolve misunderstandings
- Keep the peace among us
- Establish healthy, open connection
- Keep work enjoyable
- Keep the workplace environment healthy
How it should be done
- Come with a humble attitude
- Confront privately, support openly
- Approach with respect and dignity for the other person
- One person talks (without exaggerating, sarcasm, or profanity) while the other person listens.
- The listening person repeats back what he heard until the talking person feels heard.
- Then they switch roles.
- Make sure they get it all out.
- Listen to the other person’s perspective
- Take the pain out and look objectively at the conflict
- Agree on a resolution
Therefore, having put away falsehood, let each one of you speak the truth with his neighbor, for we are members one of another. Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, and give no opportunity to the devil. Ephesians 4:25-27
If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. Matthew 18:15
Then Peter came up and said to him, “Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?” Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you seven times, but seventy-seven times. Matthew 18:21,22